As of now, I am sure of what I am going to do during my presentation. I am going to find a famous saying and decipher it. I have found an article on Korean proverbs which I will link at the end of this post. The website provides a basic translation, so I will try to find a deeper meaning within the quotes. By next week I will have decided on a quote and will start thinking about explanations. Despite the preparations, I have still not achieved what this 20% time was supposed to help me with. My grasp on Korean is poor and I do not think I can hold a conversation yet. So in the coming weeks, I will try to speak with my mentor in complete and correct sentences. I will report back on this in a few weeks since it might be difficult to do.
The link mentioned: http://seoulistic.com/korean-culture/wise-korean-proverbs-to-live-by/
That is great, learning a new language is really tough, and i understand the struggle that you are going through, because there is so much to learn and take into consideration, and my project is also similar to your project, but instead i am learning Spanish. I read that you have accoplished a lot and that is so impressive and i hope that you will be able to achieve your future goal, and all the best of luck!!
ReplyDeleteIt's amazing that you've been able to learn so much in such a short period of time. Learning a language is tough, so i'm impressed by your dedication. I'm sure you'll be very proud of the end product.
ReplyDeleteLearning a new language isn't easy. I've been taking a foreign language for years and I still suck at it. Its impressive that you're willing to to undertake this project. I'm actually in a similar condition. I'm form China but I can barely hold a sensible conversation in my native tongue. Best of luck!
ReplyDeleteI find it very admirable that you are embracing your Korean culture and learning Korean. Learning a language is not easy; it's even harder the older you become. At age 17, it will be hard for you but if you hang in there, you will reap the rewards!
ReplyDeleteI don't know if my comment saved. But I find it admirable that you are learning your native language. It can help in case you travel to Korea. Maybe if you visit family, you can actually speak to them. I know as a Bengali, I wish I could speak to my family.
ReplyDelete