Saturday, October 4, 2014

Past tense

Saturday, October 4, 2014

As I did last week, I am learning more verb tenses this week.

The first tense I learned this week is the past tense. To turn a verb into its past tense form, you take the base of the word and add the component 었(pronounced uhs) and then add 어(pronounced uh). For formality, also add 요(pronounced yoh). For example, to make the word 먹다(eat) past tense, take the base 먹(pronounced muhk), add 었, and then add 어요 to make 먹었어요(ate).

Due to the complexity of the past tense and the different conjugation rules surrounding it, I could only work on one tense this week, but I will go over the tenses that I learned last week.

The infinitive form of a verb is formed by adding 다(pronounced da) to the base of a verb. For example, adding 다 to the word for eating, makes 먹다(to eat).

The present form is made by adding 어요 (pronounced uh yo). Again using the word 먹(eat), to create the present form, add 어요 to 먹 to make 먹어요(eating).

 The website I used is the same as last week, but I will link it again.
http://www.learnkoreanlanguage.com/Verb-Tenses.html

No comments:

Post a Comment