Saturday, September 27, 2014

Saturday, September 27, 2014.
This week I have decided to start learning verb tenses, starting with infinitives and present tense. The website I used to learn the tenses will be linked below. Infinitives in Korean are made by adding 다(pronounced da) to the end of a verb. So 먹(eat) plus the verb ending 다, as an infinitive is 먹다(to eat).

The second verb tense I learned is present tense. To put a verb in the present tense, add 어요(pronounced uh yo) to the base. So, using the example above again, 먹(eat) will become 먹어요(eating)

I was a bit short on time this week with college admissions, so I was only able to learn those two, but once I finish up I will be able to learn more. So for the following weeks, my goal is to learn the rest of the verb endings and polish up my pronunciation and writing.

 I did not need to consult my mentor this week as the content I learned was fairly straightforward. I suspect that I will need his soon considering that the deadline for our presentations is rapidly approaching.

http://www.learnkoreanlanguage.com/Particles.html

No comments:

Post a Comment