Sunday, September 21, 2014

Presentations

This Friday in class, we all showed each other the progress we've made in our 20% time projects. Most of us did so through power point presentations but a few made their presentation out of tri-fold boards. It was interesting to see how far everyone has gotten. While making my power point, I began to worry. I felt as though I might not improve fast enough to be able to exhibit my final presentation. 20% time might be a misnomer. I now think that this project will take a lot more time and effort than I first thought. But I won't give up. My desire to learn is too strong. If I cannot connect to my culture, I would not be able to forgive myself. If we never had to make a presentation showing our progress, I never would have had this realization.

So this week is dedicated to practice. I was not able to get any work done in class this week, so I'll do what I can with the websites I found. http://www.digitaldialects.com/Korean.htm is a website that I found recently. It helps with vocabulary, reading, and speaking with three different activities. One helps with word-object identification. Another is the same except with Korean script. The third helps with listening. I think with this website, practicing will become a lot easier than simply reading and memorizing.

No comments:

Post a Comment