Saturday, September 13, 2014
Three weeks have gone by and I have been mentorless. Not having a mentor at this time is not hurting me at all, but I know that I will need one sooner or later. After short consideration I have decided to make my dad my mentor in language. My main choices for a mentor were my mother, my father, and both of them together. Ultimately I chose my dad because he is proficient in both English and Korean, while I still sometimes have trouble understanding my mother. While on that topic, being able to communicate with members of my family who do not have very good English is another major motivation for this task.
This week, in addition to regular word memorization and stroke order practice, I am working on my pronunciation with some help from my mentor.
The part I am struggling the most with is memorizing the two number systems. One used for counting and the other used for more complex calculations such as math and time. To combat this, I have found a website that will train my memorization.
In the following weeks I expect to learn the complexities of sentence structure since I have already learned word ending for subjects and direct objects as well as the present tense ending for verbs.
I'm glad you finally found a mentor--and a good choice! You should add a link to the memorization site you found--it could be helpful to someone else who wants to learn Korean. Feel free to throw some words out here, too, to show what you're learning. :-)
ReplyDelete